HII-MDIS is seeking an Enterprise Architect to support our customer.
HII-MDIS is seeking an experienced Enterprise Architect to be embedded with USFK (South Korea). The Enterprise Architect position represents a unique opportunity to join an expanding effort to support an Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence-sponsored program to improve Combatant Command Intelligence Information Technology (CCIIT). The Enterprise Architect works as a combatant command embed member, working with the other combatant command EA embeds in conjunction with the program office to develop and manage the CCIIT Enterprise Architecture (EA) to improve US intelligence community capabilities in support of our warfighters and coalition partners.
• Support the development of various Combatant Command-level architectures for integration into an enterprise architecture in support of the CCIIT community.
• Research, develop, and document Combatant Command architecture views and data compliant with the DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
• Research and analyze Combatant Command architecture views and data to identify capability gaps, overlaps, and shortfalls
• Work with functional subject matter experts (SME) to collect and describe operational and system processes, nodes, activities, associated inputs, controls, outputs, and mechanisms to fully understand the architecture’s business process workflows and identify the IT enablers that support each one.
• Prepare, staff, and publish formal Combatant Command architecture documents
• Liaison with combatant command personnel and provide CCMD input on revisions/updates to the combatant command architectures, functional and non-functional requirements development for operational capabilities, non-materiel solution implementation efforts, and other efforts key to the success of the CCIIT program.
• Recommends and participates in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives.
• Identifies implementation risks and analyses potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives.
• Extensive experience with enterprise architecture frameworks, best practices and goals (DoDAF 2.0, Zachman, FEAC, TOGAF, UPDM, or UAF)
• Background or experience in DoD intelligence IT systems and capabilities; familiarity with DoD functions, combatant commands, Joint Staff, and coalition/mission partners
• Experience with modelling standards and languages appropriate to software intensive systems such as BPMN, BPML, UML, and SysML and derivatives
• Proficient at all MS Office Products
• Solid work ethic with limited local supervision, strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
• Experience utilizing DODAF diagraming tools
• 14 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree or 12 years of related experience with a Master's degree in systems engineering, computer science, or an information technology discipline from an accredited university. Four additional years’ operational experience may be a substitute for the degree.
• Must have active TS/SCI clearance
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
EOE- HII-MDIS is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability